Villagers and Mob Griefing

Home Forums Minecraft Villagers and Mob Griefing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of faneb faneb 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of faneb
    faneb
    Participant

After an unsuccessful attempt at getting villagers to plant and harvest crops on the MC2 server (as per the 1.8 update), some research revealed that the mobGriefing gamerule may prevent villagers from interacting with crops at all. Given that I’ve tried everything that research suggested to make it work, I think this is probably what’s happening.
    Perhaps some more vigorous tests are in order?

So, firstly, I’d like this post to serve as a sort of PSA for other players who might want to use this villager functionality; and secondly, I’d like to know if there is any way of getting around this problem (e.g. some sort of server plugin).

Profile photo of aamche
    aamche
    Keymaster

That’s an interesting one. It sounds correct, villages planting probably does count as griefing. I can’t think of a way around it 🙁

Enabling/disabling mob griefing is a hard one. Some players want it, others hate it. Unless there’s an a generally call to enable it, I’m likely to leave as is. But if enough people want it enabled, I’ll enable it.

Profile photo of faneb
    faneb
    Participant

UPDATE:
    After some testing with VanJeans, I can confirm that it is in fact the mob griefing gamerule that’s causing the issue. Interestingly, the same issue doesn’t appear to exist in single player, which implies it’s a bug that has yet to be fixed for the Minecraft server executable.

So it looks like there’s no fix for the moment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.