Premium Vanilla Server, topic for suggestions

Home Forums Minecraft Premium Vanilla Server, topic for suggestions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Morgan Morgan 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aamche
    aamche
    Keymaster

Why?
    We have a free server, it’s great to play the game with others online. But it does have the problem of attracting trolls and griefers.

One idea I have is paying a small subscription to separate good players from people who just want to hate on players. A troll isn’t going to pay right? And if they do they still risk being banned. It also has the advantage of being able to pay for new hardware.

We welcome submissions on what kind of service this should be

• We think it should be a lifetime subscription, so you can revisit any time you want and are not at risk of losing that. Essentially you are white listed on a server.
    • We are thinking a “donation” range. Pay what you think it’s worth. What price range would you be expecting?
    • Donating as a group, at a certain level one person could donate a certain amount and will have so many nominations available to include their friends as well.
    • What other perks should there have.

This is not a given and just an idea at the moment. If there’s enough support I’ll put it together.

Mojang EULA
    On servers 1.7 and later Mojang have added some conditions on “fees”. We can’t offer perks to some players on a server and not others. A server must have equal gameplay for all people on that server.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of aamche aamche.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of aamche aamche.
    Profile photo of Morgan
    Morgan
    Participant

I’d certainly be happy to donate towards server costs 🙂

Not sure how some players would react to a donations-only white listing as a few have already put in some impressive effort towards their home base/area. Also much harder to attract new players unless you already have a large group of people to recruit from.

Allowing for donation towards server cost should definitely be on the priority list (so that I can do it!)

I’m just hoping that Forge comes out soon so that we can at least have some security in place for people’s houses (MyTown or similar) and maybe an economy of some kind to back it up? 10 diamonds per chunk or something 😛 Would real $$ for such a service be contravening the EULA? Not really changing gameplay, just player security.

Profile photo of Morgan
    Morgan
    Participant

Donations Perks:

There are great plugins/mods out there like EchoPet which would be awesome and wouldn’t affect gameplay, and who doesnt want a Zombie Pet following you around!?! 🙂

https://github.com/DSH105/EchoPet/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.