not able to get in pixelmon

Home Forums Minecraft not able to get in pixelmon

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jenn0va Jenn0va 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Weirdossister
    Weirdossister
    Participant

I started pixelmon yesterday and had some issues getting in at some points, but now i am trying to get in and it says internal exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException
    I have reinstalled the pack several times, and tried restarting my computer to. Nothing seems to work. If your are having the same problem or know how to fix it plz let me now because people are on pixelmon right now but i just cant get in.

Profile photo of Weirdossister
    Weirdossister
    Participant

I also tried another account on my computer and it still didnt work

Profile photo of aamche
    aamche
    Keymaster

The Pixelmon server is unstable due to a bug in pixelmon and will freeze from time to time. The server reboots every 3 hours (3am, 6am, 9am etc…), so it will return to normal operation.

A bit annoying, as it stays alive and it’s not a crash as such I don’t have a way to tell when it does this. We’ve logged a bug with the Pixelmon guys and hope it gets fixed.

Profile photo of Jenn0va
    Jenn0va
    Participant

Can I suggest a more frequent reboot… say once an hour even? if that’s possible… waiting 2 and half hours for a reboot is a long time..

Profile photo of aamche
    aamche
    Keymaster

Possibly. There is a problem at the moment with the restarts not clearing correctly, and hourly would probably bring the server down in a few days.

If I can fix that bug (and it may not be fixable) I probably could increase the restarts. I monitoring it each time I make a change to see if it behaves itself.

The other option I am looking at is if I can detect the server has frozen and restart when that happens.

The hope is that pixelmon find and fix the bug. Fingers crossed we get it working right soon.

Profile photo of Jenn0va
    Jenn0va
    Participant

Alrighty then, I guess I send bug fixing vibes towards the team at pixelmon :p Thanks for the reply :p

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.