Latency

Home Forums Minecraft Latency

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of OwenODG OwenODG 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of OwenODG
    OwenODG
    Participant

I know this is kind of rude for me to be already asking this question, but has any one else experienced server lag? I explored to places where a ton of turbines were so I thought that was the problem but then went farther from it, it shouldn’t still be loaded so I’m not sure what’s happening, sorry for the inconvenience. BTW, other than a little lag I’ve been loving it 😛

P.s. what time do most people get on?

Profile photo of aamche
    aamche
    Keymaster

People seem to play when I’m asleep (NZT).

Lag wise, there are many causes. The server doesn’t appear to have logged any lag. But it can be really dependant on player bases more than anything, some bases just have lots in them. Sometimes it’s because the base has been loaded into memory, so lag can persist for a while.

The server restarts daily to help prevent player base lag. Network lag would depend where you live, the server is in Auckland with fibre, so in most cases a ping of 7-10ms. 30ms if you’re in Australia or US west coast.

Profile photo of OwenODG
    OwenODG
    Participant

Yeah, that makes since, I was just wondering if anyone else was having the problem, I’m in West US (ofc). Every time I find a good server my ping is bad xD. Anyway just doing work right now but gonna play right after, thanks for white listing me again. 😀

Profile photo of Daniel
    Daniel
    Participant

hi

Profile photo of OwenODG
    OwenODG
    Participant

Jelo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.