Exploooooosions! And other crackpack concerns.

Home Forums Minecraft Exploooooosions! And other crackpack concerns.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of aamche aamche 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tayron
    Tayron
    Participant

So, thus far, I like the crackpack. I like some of the newer mods, difficulty is ramped WAAAY up, but don’t really mind that either.
    My current concerns though… Explosions break surrounding blocks. This should definitely not be a thing.
    No protection, as far as I can tell. I liked being able to claim areas, and know that my stuff was safe, and that appears to no longer be the case.
    And while I generally trust the people we have playing now…there doesn’t seem to be anything stopping someone new from just wrecking our shit, or stealing all our stuff.

Profile photo of Jamie Schicker
    Jamie Schicker
    Participant

we need to protect our shit
    and can we have the /back command pls

Profile photo of aamche
    aamche
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions.

We have mytown for protection, I need to create a page with the basic information. To create your first town you’ll need one diamond to do this. I’ll give you want if you want, or maybe we could skip it?

Try for now,
    /t create townname (create your new town)
    /t claim (claim a chunk
    /t spawn (takes you back to your town)

https://github.com/MyEssentials/MyTown2/wiki/Commands

I’m curious if this is adequate protection, as I want to protect my stuff as well. Or if there’s a better plugin, let’s use that.

Profile photo of gosu
    gosu
    Participant

myTown actually offers loads of great options and protection on many levels, provided you know how to use it.

I think maybe getting rid of the diamond cost would be a good choice, or at least for the initial chunk. It’s definitely nice being able to have at least one claimed chunk right off the bat so you can establish some form of base.

The module is loaded with potential but one of the most useful functions IMO is perms. There are a bunch of different flags you can toggle here. To see a list of the perms available you can use

/t perm list

Some of the more useful perms

Enter – Allow/Deny other users from entering your claimed chunks
    Access – Allow/Deny users interacting with anything within claim
    Pickup – Allow/Deny users from picking up items
    Explosions – Allow/Deny explosions within claim, this will prevent a creeper from blowing your hard work to shreds.

An example of the syntax for using these perms,

/t perm toggle enter
    OR
    /t perm enter true|false

Another excellent feature is myTown allows you to invite your friends to join your town which also has the added benefit of increasing the number of claim chunks available to the town. There are several different ranks you can assign to town members also which will vary the amount of power or accessibility allowed.
    To invite someone use

/t invite <player>

And they’ll have to either accept or deny.

That’s enough about myTown!

I agree that some of the mobs are going to be an absolute nightmare for a new player, I find creepers can be managed but that one slippery bastard that comes up behind you when you’re crafting or what not will just ruin your day.

On that topic I think maybe skeletons should be adjusted, all mobs/NPCs are super buff in this pack but skels are just ridiculous. Some will shoot like a damn gatling gun, if you’re only armed with melee weapons you’re not gonna have a fun time trying to land a hit let alone kill them at all.

Further, you need to be extra careful because loads of mobs have Flim Flam which will make you randomly drop items, including the weapon you’re trying to kill them with!

FWIW /back works fine on my end.

Profile photo of Tayron
    Tayron
    Participant

Is there any easy way to see what is owned and such with myTown? Any kind of visual representation?

And any way to just…turn off the explosions, period? Cause I will totally admit, half the reason I just plain haven’t bothered putting effort into anything, is the ease in which something can wander into your base, especially with the ramped up difficulty.
    Since what prompted this was me losing all my hard earned stuff, to a creeper which shouldn’t have been able to spawn where it did.

Profile photo of gosu
    gosu
    Participant

Once you’ve created your town I think the command is

/t map

Which will show a text representation.

If you use /t perm explosions (sic?) then that will permanently turn off explosions within your claim.

Next time we’re on together I’ll give you some diamonds and a few magnum torches to make life a bit easier.

Profile photo of Tayron
    Tayron
    Participant

Yes, but I’m not talking about claims…I mean, just…off, period, all over. They really just shouldn’t be on in the first place.

Profile photo of gosu
    gosu
    Participant

mmm I think a better fix would maybe just adjusting creepers, turning off explosions altogether would make killing Withers way too easy

Profile photo of Tayron
    Tayron
    Participant

On an unrelated note, is there any way to turn off the flood of messages concerning random NPCs dying?

Profile photo of aamche
    aamche
    Keymaster

It’s possible to disable mob griefing. I’m not sure if that effects the taint mechanic, I think not.

I too would like to disable the NPC message, but I haven’t found a config key for them yet 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.